Rossville Bible Church was founded in 1950 as an Independent Bible Church Ministry for the purpose of the building up of the saints of God and the evangelism of the lost. As the church was being established, a large house in downtown Rossville was purchased and became the first home of Rossville Bible Church. The founding pastor was Pastor Clarence Swihart who pastored from the beginning until 1953.
Pastor Floyd Gee pastored from 1954 to the summer of 1987. Under his ministry as the congregation grew, in 1960 a top floor of an officer’s quarters from Forbes Field south of Topeka was purchased and moved onto a newly constructed basement foundation in the northeast part of Rossville. The basement became the church auditorium and the upstairs housed Sunday School rooms, a pastor’s study and parsonage for the pastor and his family.
The present pastor is Pastor Steve Gee who came in the fall of 1987. In 1993 the church underwent a complete interior remodel and the auditorium was moved to the main floor, complete with pews and a baptismal. The basement was upgraded to include folding dividers for Sunday School rooms and a fellowship hall. A new kitchen was also constructed and new appliances were purchased. The exterior was newly sided and a church steeple was added. New pulpit furniture and a communion table were purchased in 1997, and eventually a new sound system was installed.